Saturday, February 4, 2012

Just When You Think You've Seen it All…

Great blog post from an inspector in TN...Michael Thornton...

Just When You Think You've Seen it All…

I have been doing property inspections for over almost 11 years now and I think I had seen it all - That is until yesterday. There are those out there seem to push the boundary between creative genius and pure stupidity. And while I did have to give them an "E" for effort and "I" for ingenuity, I had to give them a "F" for utter foolishness.
The wiring used is not rated for exposed use as the insulation is soft and can be easily damaged. A protective conduit around the wiring would have been acceptable.
As far as the perforated strapping - Oye-veh! Talk about a razor blade waiting for tender skin. Makes me shudder to think about it.
Did this make it in my report? You can bet your Sweet Bippie it did...


No comments:

Post a Comment